Source: Eric Ripert, Avec Eric
- Ripert’s recipe calls for chestnut honey, but I used tupelo honey instead.
- 1 butternut squash, approx. 2-to 2 ½ pounds
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons tupelo honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons cracked black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Fine sea salt
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Peel the butternut squash, cut it in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1-inch pieces and transfer them to a shallow baking dish. Toss the squash with the butter, honey, peppercorns, cayenne, ginger, and nutmeg and season to taste with salt.
Bake the squash until it is tender and caramelized, 30 to 40 minutes.